Orange County Moving Tips:
21st Century Moving & Storage knows that moving can be a stressful time for everyone involved. Here are simple moving tips to help make sure your next move go off without a hitch.
- Clear out unwanted goods – hold a garage sale.
- Get rid of flammables – paint, petrol, gas cylinders.
- Clothes – do you need them all? Charity shops may want them.
- Check all electrical goods – will they work in the new home?
- Arrange termination date for electricity, gas, oil, telephone, internet, and other main suppliers.
- Empty fuel from mowers, clippers, trimmers and so on.
- Separate books – disposable, family reading, valuable.
- If you are taking electrical goods such as a stereo or television, see if you still have their original boxes.
- Want to take the car? Check on import regulations and the duty payable.
- With regards to family pets– make sure vaccinations and documentation are up to date.
- Start making up your change of address list.
- Arrange to have mail forwarded.
- If you have children, separate cherished toys to travel with you.
- Round up personal documentation – marriage/birth certificates, driving licenses and so on.
- Will your new home be ready? If not, you need to arrange temporary storage. Be sure to check out our Orange County storage services.
- Keep passports separate so they are not packed.
- Shops, schools, theaters, life styles – it’s never too early to find out about your new home.
- Have rugs and carpet cleaned.
- Start running down freezer stocks.
- Arrange your finances – close or transfer bank accounts, savings accounts and so on, if necessary.