21st Century Moving & Storage knows that moving can be a stressful time for everyone involved. Here are simple moving tips to help make sure your next move go off without a hitch.
- Clear out unwanted goods – hold a garage sale.
- Get rid of flammables – paint, petrol, gas cylinders.
- Clothes – do you need them all? Charity shops may want them.
- Check all electrical goods – will they work in the new home?
- Arrange termination date for electricity, gas, oil, telephone and other main suppliers.
- Empty fuel from mowers, clippers, trimmers and so on.
- Separate books – disposable, family reading, valuable.
- If you are taking electrical goods such as a stereo or television, see if you still have their original boxes.
- Want to take the car? Check on import regulations and the duty payable.
- With regards to family pets– make sure vaccinations and documentation are up to date.
- Start making up your change of address list.
- Arrange to have mail forwarded.
- If you have children, separate cherished toys to travel with you.
- Round up personal documentation – marriage/birth certificates, driving licenses and so on.
- Will your new home be ready? If not, you need to arrange temporary storage.
- Keep passports separate so they are not packed.
- Shops, schools, theaters, life styles – it’s never too early to find out about your new home.
- Have rugs cleaned.
- Start running down freezer stocks.
- Arrange your finances – close or transfer bank accounts, savings accounts and so on, if necessary.
Download our Packing Guide for tips and information about proper packing materials and about how to pack safely and effectively. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at 949-298-7459 today.